Skip to main content

11-1-11

Today is a day of rejoicing. Why? Today I have thrice over become an uncle. My sister-in-law has given birth to Kasen Jae Watson. The pretty awesome thing about this birth is that his birthday will forever be 11/1/11. I’m kinda jealous. On such an occasion, I Figure I can give him and my other two nephews some words of advice as they continue to grow up in this world.
First off, Ayden. You, Ayden, being the oldest of the three, has the awesome duty of being an example to your younger brothers. You see, a lot of people find pressure or even a lack of motivation for taking such an important role. You, on the other hand, I know can handle such a challenge. You see, all you have to do is take God’s sound word and apply it in your life. Once you figure out that’s all you have to do, setting an example for others should come naturally. I like to compare it to an involuntary muscle. You know it’s there but it performs on its own.
At the same time, you are the oldest and so who are you supposed to follow as an example? I guess you could always look up to Shannon, but she locks herself in her room. Don’t do that. You must look up to other Christians who follow what God says in his true, pure word. This can be a little more difficult in life seeing as you will be faced with a lot of new trials that you haven’t had the ability to see someone else experience before. I encourage you though to stand strong, being absolutely unwavering in your faith.
Your parents have been placed in your life as a blessing not a burden. Follow their guidance because they only want the best for you. They have/are doing their absolute best to allow for you to live a comfortable life so that you can grow up with some luxuries that others may not have, be thankful.
To the second nephew, Jaron. Keep your light-hearted attitude. Being stress free allows for a relaxed attitude that others will feed off of. Help out your older and younger brother when they seem to be unsure of what their role in life is. You have a unique position as the second born, trust me. You will be the bridge between older and younger brother. You are the right age for Ayden and Kasen to be able to interact with. Through you, you will bring the two closer together if they feel one is too old or too young to be with the other.
Being, the second born, you have it easier than the first. You can learn from his mistakes, and follow his Christian example to do what is right. Kasen will be looking at you for the same thing. Your parents probably won’t be as hard on you, but don’t worry, they won’t be as hard on Kasen as they are on you, it’s just how it is. Continually show love either way to both of your brothers. They will often need it.
Kasen, the third and newest nephew. First of all, Happy Birthday! I’m so excited to meet you one of these days. Being the last of the bunch, and the recipient of all things handed down, be patient with everything. Your brothers will reach milestones before you, but don’t worry, you will get there eventually.  Follow the Christian example that they will set. Perfect all mistakes taken by them and, by doing so, you will make your parents truly happy. IF you need any help, your brothers will be there to protect you and through their experiences, should be able to give you sage advice. Listen to their advice.  Also, get ready to woo the ladies. You are a Watson, so wear the name with pride. If you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders and possibly alone because your older brothers seem too old for you, don’t worry, they are concerned and will drop everything to help you. The great thing about being a Watson, and something I even pride myself on, is the fact that we stick together. We carry each other when we feel like we can’t go on and we learn to laugh through everything.

To all of you, remember who you are and where you come from. You are, first and foremost, brothers (family if you will). Be kind and compassionate to each other because if you do something bad to one of them, remember, they know where you sleep. Remember that you are Christians. We uphold a firm belief to love each other just as Christ loved us and gave himself for us. Treat each other in such a way. Forgive easily and love each other unconditionally. I don’t care if he took your toy either.

I love you all and definitely look forward to seeing you grow. Also, I hope that one day you get to read this and hopefully my words will be a broken record because you have already been doing all that I request. This song is for you. (I know, it’s a coincidence that the kid’s name is Aiden.)
Let Mercy Lead by Rich Mullins

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What You Are Looking For

Let me start by asking you a simple question. What are you looking for in life? In order to answer this question, you have to take a look at your wants and/or needs in life. For instance, right now, I am looking for a fridge because using two dorm fridges just doesn't quite add up to a regular sized fridge. Also, I am looking for a way to escape the humidity without central air conditioning. Another thing I am looking for is a cure to diabetes. In fact, if anyone has one, I will gladly use it because the cost of insulin just went up again. Sorry, I shouldn't be ranting, I should feel blessed there is a way to keep me alive. With these three examples, I have shown some of the things I am looking for in life. Granted there are many things in life we are looking for, but in today's song I will introduce that there is the answer to what we are looking for. Today's song comes from an artist by the name of Shawn Mcdonald. This artist has amazing guitar skills along with voc

There's A Love That Is Fiercer Than The Love Between Friends

I feel as though I've been away too long. I apologize for my absence, a lot has happened since my last post. I traveled to California to help out my grandma and be with my family during the adjustment of my grandfather's passing. It was amazing being able to be with family again. I can't remember the last time we all were gathered together like that. Coming from a man that doesn't get this often, it truly was one of those experiences that I will never let go of any time soon. I realized while I was out there, how much I miss them and being able to see them day to day. After my trip, the time change (and lack of sleep catching the red eye back) left me exhausted during the week, for once, I was sleepy instead of sleepless. I also would like to thank everyone for their kind words and condolences. Now we move forward, with a twinkle in my eye, a pep in my step, and carpel tunnel forming in my fingers, I continue to write on. My dog has a sweet mustache even though she&#

Optimistic Fantasy

In my opinion, I think it is every (male) artist's agenda, whether hidden or not, to get the girl through their craft. A good example of this would be poetry, which, in turn, if you add instruments, you get music. This craft of trying to woo the girl through music has definitely been hit or miss through the ages. When you get fed up with it, you end up with some of the Shakespearean Sonnets that don't speak very well of women, but when you do put the right type of imagery, metaphors, or similes, you can really attract that certain someone. How do you think Hanson, NSync, Backstreet Boys, Jonas Brothers, and Justin Bieber did it. It couldn't be that teens are hormonally enraged and can't think clearly....so it must be the music. HA! Let's be serious now. You think of All 4 One with their song, "I Swear" or Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls" and how even the listeners use the songs to get that certain someone. Let's face it, there is a love song