Skip to main content

Take A Deep Breath, Now Exhale

Reader, it was inevitable that it was going to happen. It really was just a matter of time. I lost a grip on my happiness for the day. My day started out with 5 hours of sleep leading up to a home visit at 8 in the morning. It was a decent visit, but after 5 hours of sleep, I didn't feel like sitting there for the hour and twenty minutes that I did. From this point on, it was pretty much every little thing snowballed my happiness into a tree, crippling it's hopes on making it through the day. Unfortunately (and all it took), what really put me over was losing a game of Scrabble 254 to 367. I usually don't lose Scrabble that horribly, but this middle aged man and my row of vowels really pissed me off. How silly is that? How do I gather my dignity now with only 2 hours left of the day? I could sleep, but even though I am exhausted beyond belief, I know it'll take me a while due to the thoughts I have in my head. The next best thing is this: Writing down the imaginary place I am going inside my head which is making me feel at ease. What is driving my imagination is, once again, Balmorhea. The song? Baleen Morning by Balmorhea

If you close your eyes (do it now while listening if you wish) and listen to this song, I guarantee you will be thrust into a place that is so relaxing and beautiful. The piano rhythmically and tonally sounds like water. The guitar sounds like something interacting with the water, maybe the wind, birds, perhaps baleen whales? Make the music whatever you want it to be. Do you want to see what I see? It looks something like this:





All of these photos were taken in 2006 during my Christmas break in college. This song takes me back to that day that I walked around trying to show people what the beach was to me, now I can finally add the soundtrack to that day.

Pick any of those pictures, or some that you may have. Sit yourself on the sand and listen to the waves (the piano) and the wind glide across the water and sand (guitar). Smell the salty sea air; hear the caw of the seagulls floating aimlessly above the shore. Watch the pelicans as they glide across the top of the crest of the waves. Dig your toes into the sand, feel your feet cool off from the heat of the sun that has been beating down on them. Place your hands in the sand by your hips; now slowly grab the sand. As you pick it up, and very slowly release it, watch the grains grab the wind and ride it out for a short while. This is your heaven on earth. This is where your frustrations are swept with the tide and the wind. You are at peace and there is a still inside you that you haven't felt before. This is what it feels like to forget. You forget about your work day, your debt, the problems that have been gnawing at you and the ones that will soon join in. You can't remember what it was like. This is my happiness, reader. This is where I go when I feel weighted down by anxiety and tiredness.

This song, although short, is the perfect "voice" for that day at the beach, may it be yours as well, reader, for all your frustrations. Make this your escape from the troubles that come your way during the hours of the day. Let this (and God's Word) be a place to empty yourself and relax. From start to finish with this post, I feel so relaxed and so much better. Thanks for listening. It's always nice to know that someone is ready to follow along, even if you could be doing better things with your time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What You Are Looking For

Let me start by asking you a simple question. What are you looking for in life? In order to answer this question, you have to take a look at your wants and/or needs in life. For instance, right now, I am looking for a fridge because using two dorm fridges just doesn't quite add up to a regular sized fridge. Also, I am looking for a way to escape the humidity without central air conditioning. Another thing I am looking for is a cure to diabetes. In fact, if anyone has one, I will gladly use it because the cost of insulin just went up again. Sorry, I shouldn't be ranting, I should feel blessed there is a way to keep me alive. With these three examples, I have shown some of the things I am looking for in life. Granted there are many things in life we are looking for, but in today's song I will introduce that there is the answer to what we are looking for. Today's song comes from an artist by the name of Shawn Mcdonald. This artist has amazing guitar skills along with voc

There's A Love That Is Fiercer Than The Love Between Friends

I feel as though I've been away too long. I apologize for my absence, a lot has happened since my last post. I traveled to California to help out my grandma and be with my family during the adjustment of my grandfather's passing. It was amazing being able to be with family again. I can't remember the last time we all were gathered together like that. Coming from a man that doesn't get this often, it truly was one of those experiences that I will never let go of any time soon. I realized while I was out there, how much I miss them and being able to see them day to day. After my trip, the time change (and lack of sleep catching the red eye back) left me exhausted during the week, for once, I was sleepy instead of sleepless. I also would like to thank everyone for their kind words and condolences. Now we move forward, with a twinkle in my eye, a pep in my step, and carpel tunnel forming in my fingers, I continue to write on. My dog has a sweet mustache even though she&#

Optimistic Fantasy

In my opinion, I think it is every (male) artist's agenda, whether hidden or not, to get the girl through their craft. A good example of this would be poetry, which, in turn, if you add instruments, you get music. This craft of trying to woo the girl through music has definitely been hit or miss through the ages. When you get fed up with it, you end up with some of the Shakespearean Sonnets that don't speak very well of women, but when you do put the right type of imagery, metaphors, or similes, you can really attract that certain someone. How do you think Hanson, NSync, Backstreet Boys, Jonas Brothers, and Justin Bieber did it. It couldn't be that teens are hormonally enraged and can't think clearly....so it must be the music. HA! Let's be serious now. You think of All 4 One with their song, "I Swear" or Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls" and how even the listeners use the songs to get that certain someone. Let's face it, there is a love song